Sunday, August 28, 2016

Starting the Semester

Starting the semester is always hectic to me, but I try my best to overcome it. I do not have many organizational tips, but the ones I have are listed below.
  1. Write down important dates for important assignments. These assignments may include exams, tests, and quizzes. I usually write them on a planner, but feel free to write it on a piece of paper or add it as an event on your phone's calendar. 
  2. Make a list of what you need to do. When I feel overwhelmed, I write a list of what I need to do. I also do this per week too. Writing it down gives me a sense of what I need to finish. Then, when I actually finish a task, I cross it off because it makes me feel like I accomplished something. 

  3. Be on top of things. Meaning, try to get things done early. For example, when I have time, I try to get the reading out of the way. Then, I revise my notes on what I read to refresh my memory. In addition to getting things done early, I will not have to stress about it when it is close to the deadline.
  4. Check Canvas, your e-mail, or D2L daily. I keep an eye on them to see if the instructor makes any changes before class time actually arrives. For example, last week, my online instructor was not able to upload a video online to discuss the syllabus. Instead, he put up a syllabus quiz for us to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment