Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Reading Notes: Adam and Eve, Part B

There was not a lot I could extract from Part B. Most of it centered around Adam and Eve. The dialogue among them and God is not something that I would change. Perhaps, I could change the story by decreasing the amount of Adam's suicide attempts. However, I believe that it is the best it can be.

The parts that are my favorites or parts that will be useful for my next story includes the side characters, for example, the flaming sword, angels, animals, and the serpent. Regarding the flaming sword, it pitied Adam and Eve after they got scared of him, and talked to God about them. What God did, which was send an angel to protect the place with the flaming sword, was a very nice gesture. I, personally, would do nothing about it. God was very understanding of Adam and Eve. As for the angels, they were very helping towards Adam and Eve as well. The angels aided Adam and Eve according to what God told them to do.

The serpent, the evil character, is something I would be interested in writing about. One of the sections of Part B said that the serpent attacked Adam and Eve on Earth. This scene is what captured my attention, because there was some external action as opposed to internal action from Adam. Also, most of the story was not shown through the serpent's point-of-view. It would be interesting to give details about what the serpent planned and thought.

After reading both parts, I am leaning towards writing my story from the serpent's point-of-view. I will also incorporate what I wrote in the second part of my last post. It would be a story about a man who was deceived by the serpent, because the serpent wanted to return to its previous, better form.



(Adam, Eve, and the Serpent: Wiki Commons)


Bibliography. Adam and Eve from The Forgotten Books of Eden, edited by Rutherford H. Platt, Jr., link to the reading online.

No comments:

Post a Comment